Politics and Voting Librarian Recommended Resources
Important Upcoming Dates
- October 18 - voter registration closes for the November 8 general election
- October 19 - sample ballots will be posted for November 8 general election
- October 19 - advance voting by mail begins - 20 days prior to the election
- October 24 - advance voting in person begins.
- November 7 - advance voting in person ends
- November 8 - Fall General Election
The Johnson County Election Office website has all the information you need about how to register or change your registration and the required documentation.
If it's more convenient, registered voters can vote in advance by mail or in person. The Johnson County Election website has a list of locations for advance in person voting. To vote by mail, voters must submit an application for an Advance Voting Ballot by Mail and the completed ballot must be returned to the election office by 7:00p on Election Day.
Local and National Candidate Research
Use the resources below to contact your local legislator or to look up their voting record on various issues.
Election News and Research Sources
*Use your library card and PIN to access these library resources.
Political Fact-checking Websites